I get to go back to my drawing class today after a two week absence. I’m looking forward to it. I also FINALLY posted a lesson in one of my online classes. To celebrate all this drawing goodness, I am going to post links to some of the classes I take online and tell you a little bit about them.
The class I posted in today is called Draw Happy and it’s taught by Jane Davenport.
Here’s my little lesson that I turned in.
I plan on keeping pages of dots in my sketchbook to draw these little faces as an ongoing practice. I really got into the characters of the faces, after I let myself relax with it. The hardest part of this is the hair! It’s very hard for me to draw hair!
I found Jane Davenport by taking the Lifebook 2012 class on Willowing from Tamara Laporte.
I’ve already registered for Life Book 2013!
These are the things I love about Life Book:
- INCREDIBLE value. Really. You get a lesson every week. Two project lessons – one from Tam and one from a marvelous guest artist. (Which is how I found Jane.)
- The community if wonderful. The artists participating in the class are all levels. I felt welcomed and confident whenever I posted. It’s a very encouraging community.
- You learn tons of different techniques. Your library of techniques will be expanded every month.
- So many wonderful teachers! The guest teachers are superb and, if you’re like me, you’ll discover new teachers every month and want to take all of their classes too.
- Tam is lovely! She is. She’s just a lovely, fun, caring, and talented artist.
There’s more. I’ll post links to others soon. We’ll call this post Part I and keep adding to the list. Then I can post links to all the classes I want to take in the future. It just gets better and better. Believe me.